1.20.2010

Day of Beauty - Kamila Harris Photography, Cheekadee, Hair by Natalie


A few months ago, Kamila Harris, Emily of Cheekadee, and Natalie of Hair by Natalie invite myself and a few other premier planners for a photo shoot. I think it was planned to be like a starlet session (which Kamila and Emily work on together), but we used it as an opportunity for head shots, starlet, and boudoir.

It was so much fun! Champagne and food, plus great company - it was a blast. You can read more about it on Kamila's blog: http://kamharrisphoto.wordpress.com/2009/12/24/day-of-beauty-and-photos/


These are two of my "starlet" session images. Emily had a rack FULL of vintage clothing of all different sizes, and accessories. Kamila had beautiful chandeliers and vintage furniture to make the setting work.


I can't wait until the spring because I can start wearing my heels again. With the ice and salt, I don't risk wearing anything high in the winter - for fear of slipping and falling and breaking my neck and not being able to work your wedding! So, if you see me in Ugg imitation boots from Target and a bulky sweater in the winter, it's because I'm freezing.

Words can't even express how beautiful I felt after Emily and Natalie were done with me. Emily and Natalie and I had the pleasure of doing a number of weddings together. I've always seen their beautiful work on my brides and their mothers/bridesmaids, but I never had the chance to indulge in this. Well, while Natalie put my hair into curls, we chatted and had a great time. Emily made my face pretty, while I complained about this huge zit that came up that morning (doesn't that always happen?!).
For Halloween, Emily did my makeup for 50's housewife costume, and then she got to experiment with my eyes and lips. This time, we went for a more natural look. I wish I looked like this every day!
However, the makeup and hair would have been pointless if the photography wasn't good, but that was definitely not the case here. Kamila is a pro with the camera, and really great about making you comfortable. I loved how she showed me the preview on her camera between shots and made sure I was happy. Uh yeah! I was more than happy! I was so happy to see that she somehow was able to skip over the "Christina is very unphotogenic" issue and make it work. Kamila was patient while we all changed outfits, fixed our makeup, and fooled around in between shoots. I was so happy and comfortable with her, I even put on a corset and tried to rock a boudoir shoot (those you will never see!).

The whole day was fun because I got to make new planner friends, see Keli, and hang with Em, Natalie, and Kamila.
I'm thinking of doing something like this again soon with my girlfriends. We'll see!


Add to Google Reader or Homepage

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad that you had fun! It was OUR pleasure! XOXO-Emily


Reviews on Wedding Wire

Read all of our Wedding Coordinators Reviews at Weddings, Wedding Cakes,  Wedding Planning, Wedding Checklists, Free Wedding Websites, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Ideas & more
2010 Bride's Choice Awards - Wedding Photographers, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Venues & More
Weddings, Wedding Planning, Wedding Websites, Wedding Checklists
2009 Bride's Choice Awards presented by WeddingWire | Wedding Cakes, Wedding Venues, Wedding Photographers & More
So You're EnGAYged

Labels

about us Adventures of bride advice Andrew Ippolito anniversary appleford ardent aubert films backyard wedding bakery boudoir branches bridal gowns bridal open house bridal show brides budget busy cake california wedding centerpieces cescaphe charity cheekadee chillweddings christmas cards christmas tree cindy guessford city of hope clinton wedding colleen rosenthal columbia station commerical dallas dance lessons day of coordination decor discount DJ Doll Face donation downtown club downtown wedding eagles event fx eye candy facebook fan page Filipino Wedding fleur de lis food free friends gay weddings glenfoerd go festve greatgatsby hair hair by natalie haiti head shots hiatus hibachi home office hotel palomar hours introduction invitations jeremy evans thomas jewelry Jewish wedding jobs jpmorgan june kamila harris korean ceremony let them eat cake letterpress magical sight and sound makeup manayunk river club manayunk weddings menus monogram monterey multicultural wedding music video myfoxphilly ncc networking nightkitchenbakery no macarena not wedding related nph nycpride out of office paebaek papertini parents party pearls events personal philadelphia eagles Philadelphia library philadelphia wedding philadelphia wedding planner philipgabriel philly philly mag photography press programs promotion real brides real weddings reception rehearsal dinnner restaurants reviews robert ryan catering schedule seating chart select event rentals SHDA sofitel soyourengayged spa staff stationery suits swoop tags team tent testimonial thank you the office theknot theremixologists tips TLJ Studios turtles unusuallyfine update vacation valentines day van earls cakes vases veils vendors venues videography voting wedding album wedding paper wedding processional wedding season weddings weekly obsessions white aisle williams-sonoma woodcrestcc year in review yele youtube

Blog Archive